Saturday, June 12, 2010

Uneventful Pregnancy


I was due on April 6th. I knew 3 other girls due within a week from me. Some of us were comparing our pregnancies. Mine was strangely easy. No morning sickness. No nausea. No spotting. Nothing. I had a little back pain in the morning, but passed when I got up and around. I went to prenatal yoga classes, I took my vitamins, and I didn't eat lunch meat or drink coffee or alcohol. I was insanely hungry in the first trimester. I gained 3 lbs in the first trimester and had steady weight gain from the on out. My 20 weeks appointment was perfect. We were waiting to find out the sex because I like surprises and I thought it would be a good motivator to get through labor :-) By 24 weeks, I was up 11 or 12 lbs (I forget) total.

But come 24w1d..something changed and my husband urged me to call the doctor. My back really, really hurt and I started spotting. Then I Googled "pre term labor" and I got really scared.

I called the doctor first thing Monday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment