Sunday, June 13, 2010

Born at 26w2d

They wheeled me into a labor room for prep. They checked me, finally after 2 weeks, and I was 7 cm dilated. I got an epidural (It was so easier than I expected). I was so numb I couldn't even feel my butt cheeks, and finally for the first time in 2 weeks I wasn't in pain. Awesome.

The took me to the OR to deliver because it was literally attached to the NICU. A team was waiting. The baby was out within 30 minutes - 3 small pushes.

I distinctly remember listening to see if he could cry. He did!!!!

"It's a boy!!!"

He came out all wiggly and they set him on my stomach for a split second while they cut the cord. Then they whisked him away.

My husband and I were still calm. Scared, but hopeful. We had an overall feeling of "we did the best we could" and prayed for God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment