Friday, January 14, 2011

Way Overdue - Pregnancy Update

Wow time slipped away from me! I'll be 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow!!!!

So far I'm feeling great as long as I keep eating every 2-3 hours and get enough rest. I'm starting to get a small bit of soreness in my back, but nothing that's a big deal.

First trimester was thankfully uneventful.

I started P17 progesterone shots (to help prevent PTL) at 16 weeks and will bet getting them every Monday. I was scared they would hurt (in the muscle!) but they really don't. Big relief. I'm not a shot person.

Also at 16 weeks I started my bi-weekly ultrasounds. I go in every other week until 26 weeks (I'm petitioning for 30 though) and they do a transvaginal ultrasound to check my cerclage and measure my cervical length.

At both my 7 week and 16 week ultrasounds, my cervix was 4 cm (well 4 and 4.1 cm, respectively). They were happy with that number and want it above 3 cm. There were no signs of funneling either.

The bad news is they debated about the benefit of the ultrasounds, because since I have a TAC, that's already the best they can do, but we agreed that the last effort would be to go on bed rest. So, it's worth it to me. Anything to increase the chance of a term baby is worth it to me.

My next appointment is at 18 1/2 weeks and is my anatomy scan!

My first goal is 30 weeks. 30 weeks is not good, but it's far better than 26 or worse. My next goal will be 34 weeks and I'll be celebrating. Obviously though, I'm praying so hard for a term baby. Please join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment